The CME Group and the National Pork Producers Council are pleased to announce the 2014 Lois Britt Memorial Pork Industry Scholarship Program
- Sponsored by the CME Group
- Administered by the National Pork Producers Council
Write yourself a brighter future!
Introduced in 1990 to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of Live Hog Futures, the Lois Britt Memorial Pork Industry Scholarship Program continues to recognize outstanding youth in the pork community. Four $2,500 scholarships will be awarded to students who intend to pursue a career in the pork industry-talented and thoughtful students who may emerge as industry leaders someday.
To be eligible you must:
- Be an undergraduate student in a two-year swine program or four-year college of agriculture
- Write a brief letter indicating what role you see yourself playing in the pork industry after graduation
- Submit an essay of 750 words or less describing an issue you see confronting the pork industry today or in the future – and offer your solutions
- Obtain two letters of reference from current or former professors or industry professionals
- Prepare a cover sheet with your:
- Complete mailing address, telephone number and e-mail address
- School name
- Year in school
- Permanent mailing address and telephone number
Submit the above items in a single envelope to:
National Pork Producers Council
ATTN: Craig Boelling
PO Box 10383
Des Moines, Iowa 50306-9960
Or e-mail to:
Note: All entries must be postmarked by DECEMBER 9, 2013
The National Pork Producers Council (NPPC) will administer the program, read the essays and select the winners. Essays will be judged on the basis of clarity or expression, persuasiveness, originality and relevance of topic. Winners will be announced at the Pork Industry Forum in Kansas City, MO, March 6-8, 2014. The CME Group and NPPC reserve the right to publish any or parts of the essays submitted.
For additional information, please contact Craig Boelling at 515-278-8012.